Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Bees Knees

Today's random post has nothing to do with any book I am writing. Just giving you an advance warning.

Last night I actually heard the phrase "Bees Knees" used in a commercial - for McDonald's. I couldn't believe it.

I was convinced I hadn't heard it correctly, but when the same commercial came on again a short while later, there it was as plain as day, "Bees Knees."

I can't tell you how much I loved hearing that. Call me old-fashioned. Call me weird (you wouldn't be the first or the last, I assure you). But I love those old phrases that no one uses anymore.

Phrases like:

Bees Knees


The Cat's Pajamas

The Cat's Meow


Ab-so-lute-ly


Horsefeathers


Applesauce


Hittin' all Sixes


Glad Rags

I for one vote to bring some of those fun old phrases back.

For a great book that uses so many of those fabulous phrases, check out Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton-Porter. It's an oldie but a goodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!