Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Knee-Deep in Clay


Trying to decide on the title for my first novel was a bit of an exercise in patience and creativity.

I knew from the start I wanted the title to include "Clay" but beyond that, I had no clue.

So I played around with phrases. Some started with Clay, some ended with Clay. For a while I thought I'd call the book "Bound in Clay" but it just didn't feel right.

Then, when I least expected it, the name just popped into my head and I knew it was exactly the name I'd been looking for.

"Heart of Clay" was perfect. It was a title that was fairly short, sweet and too the point. It really sums up what the book is about and I like the hidden meaning you can find in the title as well.

Watch for it soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!